What My Clients Have to Say
Charlie started his professional career as an investment banking analyst, advising business owners and private equity firms on the sales of their business. He spent the subsequent 13 years as a private equity investor focused on acquiring and growing small and medium sized businesses. He held seats or observer rights on the Board of Directors of more than 10 businesses across the United States and Europe. He currently serves as an advisor to New Way Language Learning.
In addition to his professional pursuits, Charlie is an active football (soccer) player and lover of languages. He is currently learning Italian and can frequently be found attempting to practice his Spanish. Forever a nomad, Charlie splits his time between London, Florida, and Italy.
Charlie received a BS in Computer Information Systems from Bentley University and a Masters of Business Administration from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Career Guidance and Mentorship Services
I have been providing career guidance and mentorship to professionals for more than 15 years. Contact me today to schedule a live video discussion and set your career on the right track. All conversations are 100% confidential and catered to your individual circumstances and objectives.
Typical Consultation Topics
- Performing effectively as an investment banking / private equity professional.
- Job search strategy, including positioning the reasons for leaving your prior firm.
- Negotiating and choosing the best offer.
- Evaluating whether an MBA is worth pursuing and making the most of your MBA.
- Navigating on-the-job challenges (interpersonal dynamics, underperformance, etc.).
- Effective communication and developing 'Executive Presence.'
- Maintaining your mental health in high-pressure environments.
- Managing junior employees and effectively 'managing up.'
- Understanding equity documents (carried interest, co-investment, stock options, etc.)
- Evaluating leaving the industry or lateraling. Considerations before joining a startup.
- Working in the US versus Europe and other geographic considerations.
- Establishing work/life balance and managing relationships.
- Avoiding 'lifestyle creep' and establishing the life you actually want.
- Planning for retirement: How much is enough?
- Hundreds of other topics and challenges.
- All consultations are charged at a rate of $150/hour, pro rated for actual time spent.
- Will accept payment in USD, GBP, or EUR.
- I maintain a high degree of scheduling flexibility to conduct the consultation at a time which is convenient to you, including nights and weekends.
- There is no cost or penalty for rescheduling.
- Send an email to Charlie@RossettiAdvisors.com to schedule a session.
Vice President, Private Equity, USA
“Charlie has been a valued mentor for me at multiple stages of my career. Charlie recently advised me on a complex career transition, including serving as a sounding board on my recruiting strategy and negotiating an exit with a prior firm. Charlie's perspective is balanced, honest, and informed by a diverse and successful professional background. I felt more confident executing on a major career pivot with him in my corner."
Vice President, Private Equity, USA
"I've had the pleasure of knowing Charlie for several years and he has been an invaluable resource to me throughout my career. From interview prep for my first job in PE, to MBA admissions guidance into a top 3 program, all the way through becoming a Vice President in Private Equity, Charlie's vast knowledge and experience gave me confidence for my overall interview and recruiting process."
Associate Director (Marketing), Biotech, USA
“For five years, I've sought Charlie's advice around interviewing, career progression, salary negotiation, and company politics. His range of industry experience coupled with previous board positions gives me an edge when navigating management and HR. I recommend him to my friends.”
Analyst, Investment Banking, Europe
“I first connected with Charlie in 2020 as a recent graduate looking to break into banking. After successfully landing a role at a top tier investment bank in London later that year, Charlie has now been helping me think through the pros and cons of transitioning to PE. I always appreciate his straightforward, realistic perspective backed by examples from his 15+ years of industry experience.”
Investment Manager, Private Equity, Europe
“Charlie was instrumental in guiding me through the nuances of a challenging work situation. He also restructured my entire CV and refined my story, enabling me to ultimately transition to a larger PE fund. I now feel I have a positive career trajectory and couldn't be happier with my current fund. I am grateful for Charlie's advice that helped me through this process and I would not hesitate to recommend him to any professional looking for guidance.”